Welcome to the Journey

Join me on a journey towards plastic-free living!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Inspiration: La-La Land


VIDEO: UNWRAPPING HELLO KITTY TOYS



Today's video of a person unwrapping Hello Kitty toys piece by piece was posted by my friend on Facebook. It was meant to help you get to sleep by watching it, and, 4 minutes in, I'd say it does the trick.




HOWEVER, it occurred to me that it is also the PERFECT EXAMPLE of how much plastic we use in our lives! Without necessarily thinking about it.




As you press play and start drifting towards la-la land, think about the la-la land we currently live in, where we are so often blind to our use habits...

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, Japan and its notorious over-packaging habit. I'm surprised that your friend actually used scissors to open the small bags though, when you usually just rip them open from the tab... hmmmmmmm
    Anyways, plastic is inevitable when it comes to Japan..

    ReplyDelete